Sunday 23 March 2008

Black is in.

Black actors are in short supply in Hollywood these days and it is getting white actors to fill up black roles. Just how did they do it? Well, just smear some paint on your face and you're halfway there.

42 year old Robert Downey Jr., having tried Sarah Jessica Parker, Marisa Tomei, Deborah Falconer, has since got tired of Susan Levin and now trying to be a black in Tropic Thunder. The upcoming comedy, which also stars Ben Stiller and Jack Black (oh surprise!) tells about three chaps being dumped into the real Vietnam War after their director got fed up with them on a Vietnam War movie set.

Ok, I'm tired from reading (and copying) the wikipidia page. You go read it yourself.

There was some uproar over this 'method' acting stuff. But hey, no point getting pissed of when a black has been masquerading as a white all this while and earning bucketloads of greens doing Pepsi advertisement, yah?

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I watched the preview to this movie. From what I saw, Robert Downey Jr. was doing a pretty good job and the make-up looked pretty goo, too. He has always been one of my favorite actors. I like the cast in this film, so of course I'll definitely go check it out!

I hate there is such a double standard when it comes to these things.